Hi friends! I have been really excited these days because my husband, Joe, has been asking for more vegan/plant-based dinners. You can imagine my excitement [!!] He’s always embraced vegan food and is always the first one to find a new local spot for us to try out (which I love him for) but he never made the plunge himself. I don’t expect him to anytime soon, but he definitely lets me know that he is trying to get there. Baby steps, right? For now, if it is vegan dinners that he is asking for… ask and you shall receive!!
These tacos have quickly become a staple for us. Honestly – tacos all the time, right? They are so versatile and easy to make. Whatever I have available in the pantry and fridge is usually what I’ll work with. I was excited with these tacos in particular because of the vegan ranch sauce. Before I adopted a plant-based diet, I was all about that ranch life. Aren’t most people? Yes, no?
Using mayo, soy milk, and some seasoning, it tastes just like ranch and takes the flavor of these to a whole new level. I hope you’ll enjoy.
Makes: 6 tacos
You will need:
- Cooking spray
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn (I used frozen)
- Dash of: cayenne papper, salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- Splash of soy milk
- Dash of: onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Flour or corn tortilla (your choice)
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- 1 avocado, diced
- Lime wedges, optional
- Over medium heat, spray a pan with whatever cooking spray you have and add black beans, corn, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook on medium and continue to stir occasionally for about 5-10 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, make your vegan ranch with mayo, soy milk, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined well.
- Using a spoon, dollop and smear ranch onto your 6 flour tortillas.
- Add a romaine lettuce leaf and then fill with the remaining ingredients – black bean and corn filling and avocado.
- If you like lime, squeeze a lime wedge onto the taco and enjoy!
These are a fast and easy dinner that both Joe and I really enjoy. I’m excited he’s been eating more plant-based these days, and it forces me to get a little more creative in the kitchen when it comes to dinner. If you have a meat-loving husband/boyfriend/girlfriend/family/whatever, this is definitely a recipe to try. We also love these mango, corn, and avocado tacos – if that is more your style. xx bianca