Hi friends! I’ve been eating all things warm and cozy – basically anything that tastes like fall. With Thanksgiving around the corner, I wanted to share a recipe that would make a great addition to your table. Full of sweet potatoes, carrots, and pumpkin, you’ll most likely have all the ingredients readily available. Coconut milk makes it creamy and a dash of cinnamon gives it the warmth you may be looking for. I hope you’ll give it a try!
You will need:
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 white potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 4 cans of water (I used the same can as coconut milk)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large soup pan over medium heat, melt down coconut oil and add carrots, sweet potatoes, and white potatoes. Toss to coat and allow to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Once fragrant, add coconut milk, pumpkin puree, white, cinnamon, and turmeric. Gently stir until everything is combined and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, turn down to low and simmer for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender (or any blender you have), blend until soup is smooth and creamy – no lumps!
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking and serve.
Glad I found some time to share this recipe. I’ve also been compiling more posts for when I am back on here more steadily. I can’t wait to get back into the swing of things. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday! xx bianca